Candyland is a light-hearted version of Monopoly where players are collecting candy to trade for more powerful candies and properties.
Playing Candyland is a great way to spend time with friends and family. In the game, players are collecting candy to trade for more powerful candies and properties. With this game, you can enjoy the deliciousness of snacks throughout the day all while playing one of your favorite childhood games!
Origins and history
In 2004, a board game was invented by a man named Chris Quach.
The idea for Candyland originated from the children’s book “The Lollipop Woods” written in 1982.
Mr. Quach published the game through his company, Spinmaster Games
The game was released to American retailers on December 16th, 1958.
How to play Candyland
- Choose your game board. Use the spinner to decide which color you will be playing with.
- Pick six houses for yourself. You may trade houses with other players if you like.
- Get six colors of candy for each player in the game-three small candies and three large candies.
- Draw cards face down from the deck equal to the number of players times five. Turn over five cards to start your game.
- Take turns rolling the spinner and moving along the path based on where it lands. You must spin one of your own colors first, then you may spin any other color on that turn after that first roll.
- If you land on an opponent’s property with candy of their color, they must give you their candy of that color.
- If you land on a property with one of your own colors, you may trade your candy for the property by removing the candy from the board.
- When you land on a Double-Dip, eat all of your candy and roll again! If you get three doubles in a row, you get to roll three times in a row.
- When you land on a King-Sized, give all players candies matching the color of your square.
- If you are unable to move, because there are no cards left in the draw pile or none of your colors spin when you try, you must return one candy to each other player.
- If you land on a Square Root of Sugar Rush, eat all your candy! If you have no candy, you must return one to each other player.
- When a player eats all their candy and collects the last square in their color, they win!
Tips for playing Candyland
One suggestion for playing the game is to make sure players have a variety of small and large candies in their possession throughout the game. This can help them when they are forced to give away some candy to other players when they land on an opponent’s property.
Another tip is that it’s important that players pay attention to which cards they draw from the deck because sometimes there won’t be enough cards left in the deck for players to move around. This means that you might need to return some candy back so everyone has an equal amount again.
Games like Candyland
There are many games like Candyland that can provide hours of fun for friends and family. Some other games that you might enjoy include:
- Connect 4
- Tic Tac Toe
We sure love Candyland, but no matter what game you choose be sure that it’s easy enough for everyone involved to understand so nobody gets left out during gameplay. If you’re looking for a fun, easy game to play with your friends and family, definitely try out Candyland! It’s sure to provide hours of sweet (and sometimes competitive) fun.
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you are playing, but who you’re playing it with.